This weeks tweets focus on public space, with a little bit of fun (and a few New Years resolutions) thrown in for good measure!
Public space and Placemaking:
* 10 steps to transforming public spaces.
* The importance of being a somewhere and not an anywhere place.
* Projects for Public Spaces shares their list of Canada’s great public spaces (spoiler: no Regina locales made the top picks).
* As the economy continues to decline, it may be time to look at placemaking as a way to keep moving forward.
* Speaking of the economy – it looks as though downtowns are faring this recession a bit better than the ‘burbs.
And to end this week, here are three lovely posts from Grist writer, Sarah Goodyear:
* Grist writers respond “why we love the places we live“.
* The urban landscape from A to Z.
* Want to make your neighbourhood a better place in 2011? Check out these New Years resolutions!
** photo: A little piece of urban subversion found in Brooklyn on Christmas Day.